Project SOAR (Sports, Outreach, Adapted Recreation) is an adapted sport program for disabled veterans and members of the Armed Forces with disabilities.
The mission of Project SOAR is to promote active sport participation among military veterans and active duty members of the Armed Forces with disabilities to increase their health, wellness and quality of life. All programs are free.
Made possible by the US Department of Veterans Affairs, The University of North Carolina at Wilmington and ACCESS of Wilmington, Inc. Project SOAR participants will learn and play archery, cycling, curling, kayaking, scuba, and surfing in the Cape Fear region.
- Archery - Take aim and learn the fundamentals of archery for fun or for competition.
- Cycling - A great way to stay in shape, try cycling through Project SOAR.
- Curling - Cool down with Curling through Project SOAR.
- Kayaking - Feel the exhilaration of being on the water! Try kayaking with Project SOAR.
- Scuba - Try and learn the fundamentals of Scuba Diving for fun.
- Surfing - Surf’s up! Join Project SOAR and try surfing this summer.
Our Partners and Sponsors