Project SOAR (Sports, Outreach, Adapted Recreation) is an adapted sport program for disabled veterans and members of the Armed Forces with service-connected injuries.
The mission of Project SOAR is to promote active sport participation among military veterans and active duty members of the Armed Forces with disabilities to increase their health, wellness, and quality of life. All training and equipment are provided for FREE.
Made possible by the US Department of Veterans Affairs, The Grainger Foundation, and The University of North Carolina at Wilmington and ACCESS of Wilmington, Inc. Project SOAR participants will learn archery, cycling, golf, kayaking, scuba, and surfing in the Cape Fear region.
- Archery - Take aim and learn the fundamentals of archery.
- Cycling - A great way to stay in shape and see the sights of southeastern North Carolina
- Golf - FORE! Learn the fundamentals of golf with Project SOAR
- Kayaking - Feel the exhilaration and joy of being on the water!
- Scuba - Discover SCUBA and earn your open water certification!
- Surfing - Surf’s up! Join Project SOAR and ride the waves at Wrightsville Beach
Our Partners and Sponsors